Meal Planning Monday.

July 14, 2008

Citymama and Pittsy do this and I finally decided to try to make their planning skills my own. We'll see how it goes. I'm more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of cook (I get mid-week hankerings!), but that doesn't always work well with two kids and a hungry husband. We have an abundance of zucchini and peaches from the garden, so those must be incorporated here.

Monday

Zucchini Vichissoise
Arugula Salad with Grilled Peaches and Goat Cheese

Tuesday

Fish Tacos
Black bean, corn and mango salad

Wednesday

Turkey Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
Spaghetti with B's Arugula Pesto

Thursday

Book Club (need to figure out a maindish)

Friday

Date Night

Saturday (having some friends over for dinner)

Crostini with White Bean Spread and Zuni Cafe Pickled Red Onions
Grilled Ribs
Herbed Potato Salad
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
*Dessert Undecided*

Sunday

I'm thinking leftovers

What about you? What's on your menu for the week?

6 comments:

  1. I want what you're cookin'! Sounds yummy. I need to try your zucchini recipe. Sounds d-lish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday: Braised Garlic Chicken, Sauteed potatoes and Cabbage Slaw

    Tuesday: Grilled steak with Kumquat Clementine Walnut Salad

    Wednesday: Creamy Wild Rice Soup

    Thursday: Whole Wheat Pesto Pasta with Balsamic Summer Vegetables

    Friday: Eat out - I'm tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what we'll eat for our actual dinners, but I did want to try to make this Strawberry Risotto recipe I heard on the radio over the weekend. Yum. Here:

    http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/gf/gf080708strawberry_risotto_

    (If this is too rich, grilled peaches and vanilla ice cream could be a good and simple end to your dinner party, since you have peaches!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will be looking forward to sat's dinner all week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I started weekly meal-planning about 8-10 months ago. (I have 2 kids, 4 and 1.5, plus the husband that goes along with. Plus a part time job. Leetle short on the time thing.) Seriously, weekly meal-planning is one of the best domestic decisions I ever made. Cuts waaay down on the 5 o'clock scramble and accompanying stress.

    This week:
    Sun: Salad of tuna w/white beans, tomatoes and vinaigrette; baguette.

    Mon: husband out, eat popcorn and fudgecicles. :-)

    Tues: chicken skewers w/thai peanut sauce

    Wed: zucchini pasta

    Thurs: leftovers

    And that's all I have b/c I do my planning on Thurs, shopping Fri ...
    I think you'll really like the meal planning!

    I am enjoying your blog, by the way ...
    Andrea (Gil and Krista's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ideas, ladies. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...