Can't. Stop. Listening.

July 11, 2008

I just love music, don't you? The way it takes you places you've never been. Wow, was that cliche or what? I am not ashamed to admit I rely on a closely-held set of trusted music advisors that keep me listening to the very best (yeah, you know who you are). But since it is THEY who usually turn me on to new artists, well, I don't want to take undue credit and blab about them here. Besides, I usually am late to these sorts of things and you would be like, "Um, yeah, we knew about that 2 years ago! Get with it!" But. I found someone all on my own and I simply have been unable to turn him off for the past month. Andrew Bird. Fellow Year of the Ox-er. I can't really categorize his music....I'm no good at that anyway. But let's just say, when was the last time you listened to something you adored that had both violin and a kick-ass whistling solo? Check it out. I'll bet you hit Replay.

1 comment:

  1. Jora, you must see him live. Simply AMAZING. Be sure and check out his older album, The Mysterious Production of Eggs, as well.

    (Are we still calling them albums?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...