Cocktail Friday: Grapefruit Cooler.

July 18, 2008

For some reason, I'm not much for vodka drinks. I know it's a really neutral alcohol that mixes with almost anything, and most people (who drink anyway) really like it. I just don't. So, in my quest to find a cocktail that uses grapefruit juice (we have tons of grapefruit right now and B is always after me to use them....so must. make. cocktail.), it was hard to come up with something that doesn't have vodka in it. But I found a great one. If you're looking for an alternative to a greyhound/salty dog, try this instead. Note: a tiny bit of sea salt really helps take the bitterness out of the grapefruit.

Grapefruit Cooler
(from Epicurious)

2 cups fresh grapefruit juice (from 2 to 3 grapefruit)
1/2 cup Grand Marnier
1 1/3 cups sparkling water
Pinch sea salt
Garnish: orange slices; lime wedges; maraschino cherries

Fill 4 (12-ounce) glasses halfway with ice. Add 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, and a pinch of salt to each glass and stir. Top off each drink with 1/3 cup sparkling water and stir.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is just watering thinking about this drink. i need to try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...