Check Out Citywrites.

July 1, 2008

I feel silly even telling you about stationery. I mean, there are so, so many qualified people out there with great taste and who know the industry way better than I do. But. Of all the blogs I read that feature beautiful stationery, I have never seen one of my favorite sites mentioned: Citywrites. The special thing about these cards is they are all hand-drawn by the lovely Kari Jo. Don't get me wrong....I love letterpress just as much as the next person (and there are so many incredible people out there making it), but I really like the hand drawn aspect of these cards. Kari Jo's site says she "founded citywrites out of her new york city apartment looking for a way to use her creative talents and make ends meet while her dashing husband finished his ph.d." I love that her clients include "high-profile individuals, corporations, and her grandmother, maxine." I always keep a little set on hand, and have ordered gifts for several friends (they come packaged beautifully, tied with a stripey ribbon and tucked in a cellophane envelope, so they are perfect for gift-giving). They always turn out pretty, yes, but the best part? They are all a little bit unique. Here are some of my favorites:



One more thing.... here is a quote Kari Jo has on her site. I just love it: "Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after." (Anne Morrow Lindbergh)

OK, I'll stop now. Just go check out Citywrites. I really think you'll love it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...