New Favorite Salad Dressing.

October 13, 2008

I am sorry to say I have no photo to share with you. I'm worried you might just skip over this post as a result. But. You really shouldn't. This is the BEST salad dressing I've tasted in....I don't know how long.

Yes, it is of the blue cheese variety, but it's not your typical creamy version (not that there's anything wrong with that...I do love me a Morton's Beefsteak Tomato and Onion Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese, but I digress). This here is a vinaigrette with blue cheese blended into it and with blue cheese crumbles added at the end for texture. YUM. It'll keep in you fridge for at least 2 weeks, so whip up a big batch and eat salad every night. Also, dip carrot sticks (or whatever veggies you like) in it.

Commander's Palace Blue Cheese Dressing
(from the epic New Orleans restaurant -- one of my very, very favorites)

1/2 pound good-quality blue cheese (I bought a big hunk of Point Reyes from Costco the other day and it worked great)
1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
Kosher salt and plenty of freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup cane, cider or malt vinegar
Juice of 1 small lemon
1/4 teaspoon Tobasco, or to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup olive oil

Place half the cheese, the chopped onion, salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice, hot sauce, and Worcestershire in the workbowl of a food processor. Purée until well blended and liquified. Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture, then turn off the machine. Crumble the remaining cheese, and pulse until well blended. There should be lots of small cheese chunks remaining in the dressing. Adjust seasoning.

5 comments:

  1. Printing this out! My guy will go nuts over this. He loves blue cheese, but isn't really into the creamy style salad dressings. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything from the Commander's Palace goes straight to the top of my must-eat list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this recipe frequently - it's very similar to the original cobb salad dressing from the old Brown Derby restaurant. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with this kind of vinegary goodness! YUM, I will trying this as next time we make a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum. will definitely be making this. one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants in San Francisco (Rose's on Union Street) has a similar dressing on their chopped salad and it is amazing. I had totally forgotten about it until you posted this! hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...