Deep Conversations With C-Man.

October 6, 2008

Lately, as part of our bedtime ritual, C-Man has been asking me to tell him a story after we're done reading books. He wants to hear one of two stories: "When Mama Was a Little Girl" and "When C-Man Was a Baby." Maybe I just need to come up with a few more plot lines, but for now, this is what he asks for. The other night was the latter choice. He rested his head on my tummy and rubbed it as I told him how he used to be a baby in there a long, long time ago (nothing earth-shattering here, folks. Like I said, I may be sort of lacking in the story-telling department.)

Then he turned to me and said very dramatically, "And then I climbed and I climbed and I climbed.....and then I squeezed and I squeezed and I squeezed......and then I popped out? Right here?" And he pointed to my belly button.

Yeah something like that, C-Man.
I love how this photo captures how intense and considered my little man is.

3 comments:

  1. ha! too funny... i agree that is plenty of info for now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter routinely asks for made up stories/songs and the crazier they are, the better. Even though I consider myself to be pretty imaginative/creative, it took me awhile to get into it. But my husband was coming up with the most amazing on-the-spot stories with repeating characters "Shep and Fifi," that I had to keep up or she would call me out on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect!

    we're in the "tell me a story" phase too... Audrey is obsessed with "when you were a little girl"...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...