A Blog Crush and Really, Really Good Food For Thought.

October 28, 2008

OK, so I have a new blog crush. Her name is Jill. She and her husband, along with their two wee ones, just traded in their old conventional life for a new one. One that involves building their own home and becoming farmers. Jill is an extremely thoughtful, in-the-present type of person, one that is not afraid to follow her dreams. Many of the things I want to be more of. Please read this post if you are at all intrigued by Jill and her new life as a farmer's wife. Awhile back she posted this quote about parenting and I have decided to print it out and keep it right on my desk, front and center:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. … I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less.”

- Anna Quindlen

12 comments:

  1. great food for thought. and indeed, your crush is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same quote on my fridge! I originally read it on Stephanie Nielson's blog (Nie Nie dialogues) and it had a huge impact on me (and put a tear or two in my eye!). I think anyone with small children can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her blog, I think you've carved out a bit of farm life in the city though. Best of both worlds. Do you think the neighbors would mind it if you brought in a milk cow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel: We were actually thinking a goat. Wouldn't that be fun? Plus fresh goat milk and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that blog & quote too!

    J :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote, I also have it in my journal. Going to go check out your new crush now... and for what it's worth yours is always one of my favorite favorite favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for linking to this blog. i am totally go to live vicariously through her now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, another time sucker! ;-) And another one for my new blogroll. I need to get going on that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for this post. jill's blog is absolutely beautiful. i'm going to jump on this blog crush bandwagon too. before moving on though, i do have to say that you were in the blog crush lead. i look forward to your posts daily. thanks for the inspiration in leading a lovely lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez...thank you so much! Remeber, this is just a blog (as B reminds me). It is not real life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the heads up... It's sure is a great way to get my fix of life on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads up... it is a great way to get my fix of life on the farm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...