Looky, Looky, Looky. I Mean Listen, Listen, Listen.

October 29, 2008

OK, this makes me so happy. A dear friend of a dear friend started a new site that wants to put you (yes you!) in touch with cool new music. It is not one of these music sites that will overwhelm you with tons and tons of recommendations....this is just one band per week...delivered to you in the form of an email newsletter. A song to listen to, info on the band, where to buy, a schedule of shows, etc. It's a very well-edited group of bands that I've seen so far. (This week is Bon Iver. And geez, if you haven't already, listen to Skinny Love right now. Now. Now. Now.) It's sort of like having your very own younger, cooler, in-the-know sister who has lots of time to check out live shows and report back.

Check out SpOOOnful here!

3 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay! Just what I've been looking for! Thanks for sharing this one Jora. I've been feeling so out of the music loop lately.

    Though I did find one new album that I've been playing nonstop---if you haven't already, you've got to listen to the new song from Ray Lamontaigne:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iTX3-cbWnM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good already... Love your blog, my little pumpkin is three month old :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Since I've become a mother, I haven't been as up on current music like I once was. Every few months I query all my friends, especially those without children to see what I should be listening to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...