Kelly from the delightful blog The Misadventures of Kelly and Kelly tagged me. And since I am doing this whole NaBloPoMo thing, the timing couldn't have been better.
Seven random facts about me. Here goes:
1. I had both of my babies completely drug-free. The births were the most difficult and rewarding things I have ever been through. And I wouldn't have done it any other way. I realize this also makes me just the teensiest bit crazy in most people's minds.
2. Although I absolutely love shoes, I spend most days of the year barefoot or wearing flip flops. I hate having my feet constricted, I guess.
3. I was cooking my family complete meals by the time I was 10. One of my first "specialties" was buttermilk biscuits. I really wish I still had that recipe.
4. Growing up, I had an alter ego that I named "Martha Beauty." She was my more sophisticated, beautiful, grown-up self. It is a little embarrassing to admit, because it sounds like I am talking about, you know, The Martha. But I didn't know who Martha Stewart was.
5. I knew I would marry B within seconds of meeting him. Also, the first time I met him in person, we didn't say a word, but he did give me a kiss on the cheek and put a Baci chocolate in my hand.
6. I didn't celebrate any holidays growing up. That (and other things) made for a very unusual childhood.
7. I was born at home without a doctor present. My parents were total hippies. I spent my first year or so in an A-Frame cabin (no electricity or running water) that my dad built in a small town on the Oregon Coast. No doubt this is where my obsession with teepees comes from.
Rachel of Heart of Light
Kim of 180/360
Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere
Sarah of Sarah's Fab Day
Sarah of Whoorl
Alyson of Unruly Things
P from What Possessed Me