Dinner Ideas. Delivered.

November 5, 2008

Wow. Amazing. I barely slept. I keep pinching myself. I feel so energized and so (at the risk of sounding cliche) HOPEFUL! I am talking about all the sweet emails and comments of support you sent me after my Mom's Confession post. (he-he) All joking aside, I feel so proud and happy to be alive today.

Also, though, because of all of your ideas and thoughts about family dinners. I never really considered that our kids get so much of us during the day (with me at home and B working from home most of the time) that maybe, just maybe, it's OK to feed C-Man a bowl of tortellini at the bar while I watch the clock ticking closer to bedtime. And it's OK if I want to do something for my marriage rather than always worrying about the kids and if everything is 110% perfect for them. So, I think we will do family dinners on school nights and the rest of the time we won't worry about it. And if you're thinking what I'm thinking, I see a nice fat cab with a couple of steaks in my future. With eye contact.

As a thank you, and to keep this from being the WORLD'S MOST BORING POST, I thought I would share a link to 30 family-friendly dinner ideas. Now, some of you may recognize them if you are Cookie readers. The list is from an article a couple of months ago about a mom that was frustrated with feeding her picky kids breaded chicken fingers and pizza so she set out to expand their culinary horizons, but within reasonable limits. In other words, each dinner idea can be broken down to a "safe" meal for the kids should the whole mission have to be aborted due to strong-willed little %$#**&.

And so, here is the list. I haven't actually made anything off of it, although the Swedish Meat Balls and Mustardy Pork Chops with Gnocci are going to be showing up on our table very soon. Let me know if you try any of these recipes.

2 comments:

  1. i think your new plan of attack is a great one and the mustardy pork chops sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this recipe list, Jora! It looks brilliant not only for feeding picky little kids but also for feeding picky big kids (cough, husband, cough). And the recipes all look so quick and easy with not too many ingredients...something any home cook can appreciate! I'll be sure to let you know if I try any.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...