For the Love of Gifting (#3).

November 19, 2008

One of my favorite go-to gifts for a girly-girl friend is an apron. Not a utilitarian Williams-Sonoma one. Those are fine and dandy and you need one of those too, but I'm talking a '50s housewife, pretty frilly one. Specifically, the ones from Anthropologie (there are lots and lots to choose from, so go take a look).


Take a look at this, for example. There isn't a woman alive who wouldn't feel instantly prettier, more feminine, I dare say more capable in the kitchen wearing this darling apron -- even if she is just transferring fish sticks from the baking sheet to the Elmo plate. It's $28, by the way. You can't tell me your girlfriend isn't worth that.

Throw in these pretty measuring spoons if you really like her. So much nicer than the Plain Jane ones I use from the hardware store.

5 comments:

  1. i have those measuring spoons and i swear they're the cutest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I literally just got back from my friends' house who just made me a custom anthropologie-esque apron. The prettier ones really are better. I'm tempted to wear my new one even when I'm not cooking. :) Ava had to put in an order for her own- and she loved picking the fabric and trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Tracy has that apron - I saw it in her kitchen in DC! These are also yet another thing I could make with a sewing machine - if only I could find the fabric. (And, of course, a machine...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great pick! My sister in law gave me a frilly, girly apron recently and I love wearing it while cooking, baking, whatever... Slipping it off just as dinner guests arrive is a bit of fun theater, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that apron from Anthro - my sisters bought it for me. I love it! I have often thought of tryng to replicate the design...perhaps one day. Found your blog via doobleh-vay...glad I did it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...