Baby Jewelry.

November 14, 2008

I have never been much of a jewelry fan myself (unless, of course, we are talking about *the basics*). I like it and I do wear simple things, but mostly, I just feel like some sort of over-dressed gypsy when I wear it. No need to worry, I have friends trying to help me out of this rut.

In the meantime, I want to get Baby J something nice. Something simple, classy, keepsake-worthy. Nothing crazy expensive, just something she can always have. Necklaces are sort of out of the question (too dangerous, right?), and I don't really believe in piercing babies' ears, so I guess it has to be a bracelet. I like this sterling silver one:

It's made in San Francisco and hand-engraved with the following: "Who and what art thou? 'I'm youth, I'm joy, I'm a little bird that has broken out of the egg."' ~ J.M Barrie

Sweet, no? Any other ideas?

5 comments:

  1. I think that a bracelet is a perfect heirloom gift. In fact my husband and I gave our niece a sterling bracelet to wear for her baptism. Since we're her Godparents we enclosed a note on our wedding stationary telling her how much she's loved, how we hope to help guide her through her life and also that she should save the bracelet as her something old to pin or sew to her wedding dress when she gets married.

    Since we don't have a daughter of our own it's fun to get things like that for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect! blaise is getting a wee sterling cuff for xmas. It was from etsy- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bracelet. Such a beautiful inscription!
    Thank you for the comments on Marvelous Kiddo.
    xoxo
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so incredibly sweet gifty - where did you find it? I am surrounded by new baby girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm youth. I'm joy. What a lovely reminder on days when you're feeling sluggish. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...