Our First Baby.

September 11, 2008

B and I have a very special relationship with our firstborn. Before our baby's arrival, we read all sorts of literature (probably too much), prepared for the big day that he arrived, took turns doting over him. No one else's baby comes close to ours (in our minds). When we leave town, we always miss our baby. Here, why don't you meet him?


Yes, this is our beloved espresso maker. We are crazy about him. We race home from vacations to be with him. He is the best and we have had many-an-espresso in our lives. There is nothing fancy here (it does steam milk), but other than that, it simply makes the best espresso. Ever. With the most divine, thick layer of crema you could imagine. The baristas at Peet's have nothing on us. Bye-bye, mama's going to make herself a little afternoon pick-me-up.

7 comments:

  1. Too funny! You sound like us, we have a C1000. It is legendary amongst our friends. I can't believe we blew so much $ on a coffee maker, however, how can one put a price on a family member that brings us so much joy? Cheers to that crema, carmel-y warm goodness. Glad to know we are not the only coffee kooks out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one sooo badly. My parents have one and my husband and I have been known to stop by on our way somewhere just for a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know i had to comment on this one. thanks to you guys, we have the same baby - ours is now almost 2 years old, and we too prefer ours to espresso anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was trying to post a link to a photo I took of one of your espressos (it's on my flickr page) but it won't work!

    Anyhoo, I can vouch for the fact that your espressos are one of the best things about life on Mt. Helix! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...