Girls' Night In.

September 26, 2008

I had such a lovely evening last night with a couple of girlfriends. We stayed in rather than going out because B was supposed to be out of town (he came back early, but we were still happy we decided to eat at home). I made the Alice Q/Zuni Cafe roasted chicken with some roasted fingerling potatoes and let me tell you. This technique is my new go-to for chicken. Perfectly moist and flavorful with that irresistable crisp, golden skin.

Krista made a great salad of mixed greens, chopped apples (from a friend's organic farm in Julian), goat cheese and toasted pecans (so, so, so good). But. The best part of the meal in my opinion was the over the top gorgeous cheese platter that Heidi brought. I think there were 4 (maybe 5?) cheeses with several dried and fresh fruits, plus a darling mini wood cheese crate filled with baguette slices and crackers. Of course we had lots left over and Heidi insisted we keep everything, so needless to say, I've been snacking on cheese and grapes this morning.

Oh yeah. And that Paula Deen Chocolate Bread Pudding? Sinful. Especially when you top it with fresh whipped cream.

I can't wait for next month's dinner, ladies!

photo via Formaggio Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. It was a great girl's night in indeed! Great converstion, great food, and a beautiful setting! Thanks for having us Jora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, yum! I love girls' nights, and if you add in a cheese platter, the whole thing sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked the cheeses, Jora, and that they were a worthy precursor to the scrumptious salad and meal Krista and you prepared. That chocolate bread pudding - OUT OF CONTROL! Could not have asked for a more fabulous GNI. Thank you!!! Can't wait for next month!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...