Winchester Cathedral.

December 6, 2008

OK, so I realize this is turning into one of those "Look at My Kid Blogs," but I haven't been feeling so inspired, plus B insisted I post this video of C-Man. Singing. A very old song. Again.

Now, in real life, you can pretty much understand everything C-Man says, but when he sings, you really can't understand the words. I think it's because he doesn't really "know" the words, he's just singing what he hears. Sort of the "el-uh-men-oh-pee"-as-one-letter phenomenon when you first learn the alphabet song. Wait. That didn't happen for you? OK, then, never mind.

Anyway, I thought I might include the lyrics to "Winchester Cathedral" because I realize it's not exactly the type of song you might have on your iPod.

The New Vaudeville Band
"Winchester Cathedral"
(Geoff Stephens, 1966)

Winchester Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town
You could have done something
But you didn't try
You didn't do nothing
You let her walk by
Now everyone knows just how much I needed that gal
She wouldn't have gone far away
If only you'd started ringing your bell
Winchester Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town
Oh-bo-de-o-do oh-bo-de-o-do
Oh-bo-de-o-do de-do- duh




Winchester Cathedral. from domestic reflections on Vimeo.

7 comments:

  1. You're blog is many things, and I for one and happy it also has an element of 'look at my kids'! They are adorable and C-man is already a talented little entertainer, I'd be proud and posting way more videos than you have if mine were performers! Keep up the magic mix of food, interiors, gifts and family... always a good read:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweet Life: Thanks so much! Glad you don't mind all the self-indulgent family stuff. I figure it's a way to document what's happening in my kids' lives. Also, I love peeking in on your life in Rome. It totally lets me live vicariously. Don't you change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kid stuff is my favorite too. A birdy don't know, a birdy don't know, do de do hah! Priceless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kid's got rhythm! A super sweet addition to my Sunday : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jora...I love your blog! This has nothing to do with your post...but, knowing your expressed love of airstream trailers (and my facination with them) I thought of you when I saw these on Etsy! Enjoy!
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18364206
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love to see your cuties!! I have just finished my book and the blog is up now. I wonder where it will take me (a 'look at my kid" section is very possible...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I didn't have the cutest kiddo in the world myself, I would say that C-man might have to take that title! Thanks for sharing that bit of talent with us.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...