Angie's Home.

December 2, 2008

We had the pleasure of visiting some dear friends in Los Angeles over the weekend. Lucky for all of us, Angie agreed to let me do a little home tour of her 1930s bungalow in West Hollywood.

OK, we all know those houses. The ones you walk into and feel....for lack of a better phrase.... "at home." (What can I say? It's early and the words aren't coming to me quite yet.) Those houses that "hold you," as friend Amy once described it. I can never quite figure out what makes a house have this power over me. The lighting is good, of course. The furniture, colors and accessories fit the place. It's comfortable, smells good, has nice outdoor space. But it's something more too. Because you all have been to a place that has all that, but still doesn't have the X factor, right?

Well, Angie's house just does it for me. The first time I saw it, I loved it and wanted to move in. It's simple and cozy, and it makes me want to curl up on her sofa, cuddle up under a throw, drink tea and chat with her for about ten hours.

Angie is crazy about Art Deco architecture and design. She has some beautiful pieces from that period.

Now this, my friends, is a corner made for napping.

Caffe, anyone? Angie was born in Italy and her "doting signora" personality definitely comes through.


A sweet little spot in her office with the most amazing scented candle.

She has chosen some really beautiful saturated colors for her walls, like here, in her dining room.



Amazingly, the kids stayed away from this totally and completely tempting bar cart.



I love the cow head hanging in her kitchen.



Nonna Rita working her magic in the kitchen. One step in the kitchen and you can almost smell and taste all the meals lovingly and expertly made for friends and family through the years.



Baby J wants to go outside. Shall we?



One of the greatest things about Angie's house is this courtyard in the front. Totally private and hidden from the street, it would be the perfect place to "take one's coffee" in the morning (as they say in Italy....). I crazy love that old mirror hanging on the left for some reason.



Of course, without a doubt, we had the most amazing food with Angie and her family, as usual. This is a cranberry almond tart.


Hope you enjoyed my first house tour! OK, who's up next??

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jora! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a beautiful house! i desperately want to take a nap in that purple little nook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm. Love those rounded doorways. If I were allowed to curl up in that napping corner I might never emerge again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove those blue outside walls -man, the Italians just know how to do it don't they? I totally know what you mean about the "x factor" with a home too - usually it's someone else's house that has it, but the grass is always greener isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous house and you did a fantastic job of photographing it. I don't know what makes the x factor, I don't feel like we have it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the artwork!! I think you do too!
    Angie must not have kids. Pleases tell me she doesn't have kids.
    Once again . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, please please take me with you next time!! I can hear their voices and know you had a wonderful holiday. Great photos too Jor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid! I am always so envious of people who are able to use color so boldly & aptly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...