Those Peanut Butter Kisses.

December 12, 2008


Last night, B had a party at his new-ish office. (Actually it's his -- and my -- old office space, but he's back in it. Sorry, too much boring background info ....moving on!) From the feedback we got, we think it indeed shall become an annual event.

It was so lovely seeing everyone. We had food from Waters, much of it the same as at our Summer Solstice Party, and the same band played for us. Much prosecco and pomegranate was consumed. Thank goodness it was a warm-ish December night and we were able to be outside on the roof.

One of the unexpected hits was a plate of cookies my friend Danica snuck in. (I told her not to bring anything! But she just had to show up the caterer!) Everyone was seriously swooning over these things. At least four people asked me to get the recipe, and several more asked her directly.

Now, Danica is no stranger to this blog. I shared her most excellent Strawberry Pie earlier in the summer, remember? She is an insanely good baker. That magic touch I wish I had. My grandmother had it too. *sigh* But, lucky for us, Danica is such a nice person she went home and emailed me the recipe (while "working off her buzz before bed") and told me to give it to everyone who was asking her for it.

The thing I really liked about these cookies is that they actually taste like peanut butter. So many do not, in my opinion. Without further adieu, I give you.....

Danica's Peanut Butter Kisses!

1 c butter (softened)
1 c. peanut butter (creamy)
1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. vanilla
Hershey's kisses

Preheat oven to 375. mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Mix together sugar and butter then peanut butter, then eggs one at a time until creamy. Add vanilla. add 1/2 flour mixture combine well. Then add the rest, mixing well. Should have a sticky dough. roll into balls, cook 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and place kiss in center of hot cookie (off of cookie sheet so it doesn't melt and lay flat so it doesn't lean).

Danica says she always adds a "bit more peanut butter, and takes out a bit of the sugar and flour" when makes her batches. Sorry, I guess that's where the magic touch thing comes in. Let me know how yours come out!

Also, a big shout-out to my best girly Helena. She ran the whole show last night. *kiss, kiss*
photo via teen diaries online (don't ask)

9 comments:

  1. thanks you for the recipe danica! these cookies were to die for. i think i had about 5 of them. and great party J & B - I am a little foggy today - always a sign of a great bash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Those were some good cookies. I remember that a friend of mine's mom used to make those when we were kids and they were always my favorites. I'm afraid to make them because I KNOW I wouldn't be able to leave them alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I just made these yesterday but with a slightly different recipe...i will have to try these next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is this? you cannot write a post about BOTH a party and a cookie and not include a photo! we need visuals. i am going to need to try these cookies.

    guess who is planning my office holiday party? Moi. and guess what we are having? prosecco + pomegranate. of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just talking my friend Amy's ear off about those amazing cookies this afternoon. Thank you so much for the recipe. And for the party. We had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, you thoughtful lady! Those cookies were dreamy. Now that I have the recipe, every time I look at my pot belly, I'll have you to thank ;) The party was lovely, the guests were so nice and the view was FAB!
    I'm guessing the Alice I met last night is Q Foodie. She and her hubby were the hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Gm has a similar recipe. They are some of my favorite cookies. I'll have to give these a try for sure. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this recipe! I am going to make some asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. one of my favorite cookies of all time especially right out of the oven!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...