A Jar of Pickled Carrots.

December 17, 2008

AliceQ had a little tea party and cookie exchange last Sunday afternoon. She also asked everyone to bring a handmade gift to exchange, because she's cool like that. I feel sort of bad because I know I came home with the very best gift of all (and I even stole it)....a big fat jar of pickled baby carrots wrapped up just so in that burlap right there, and tied with gorgeous velvet ribbon and fresh herbs and flowers. The lovely Donna was the gifter (and the grower and the pickler).

6 comments:

  1. Dang, if I'd known she GREW Them too, I'd have stolen them myself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of exchanging handmade gifts. And the carrots in the pickling brine are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh lucky girl.

    love the new blog look btw...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Year's Resolution: try a delicious looking pickled carrot.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still angry those were stolen from me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...