- Fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil on ciabatta
- Jack and pickled jalapenos (or roasted green chiles) on sourdough
- Gruyere and thinly sliced pear on French Bread
- Sharp cheddar on Trader Joe's Onion Rye with cornichons (a current obsession)
- The Grilled Cheese I Grew Up With: Cheddar on Orowheat Wheatberry Bread (always served with a milk and frozen banana smoothie)
I really want to try the combo in that gorgeous photo: Taleggio, onion jam and escarole on sourdough. What combo do you like? Also, do you call it "Toasted Cheese" like B and his family do?
photo credit: gourmet