A Playlist For You.

January 29, 2009

For the past 5 years or so, my cousin Jevan, who I adore, and his wife Casey, who I might adore even more (sorry, cuz, it's a girl thing!), put together a "Best Of" CD each year and send it out around the holidays. I must say, guys, this year was my favorite. I've been listening to it in the car for about 3 weeks straight now. C-Man and I take turns singing The Kills to each other in the car on the way to school. Really loudly.

They had a "Faceoff" theme this year, which made for a darling cover. See?
Here's the playlist, if you're interested. Casey's picks are the odd ones, Jevan's the even ones. Can't decide whose list I like more. (I wanted to link to YouTube for each song, but alas, no time for that. I did, however, put a link to The Kills' song because C-Man is demanding to hear it.)

1. No One Does It Like You -- Department of Eagles
2. I'm Good, I'm Gone -- Lykke Li
3. Skinny Love -- Bon Iver
4. Buriedfed -- Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson
5. California Soul (Diplo/Mad Decent Remix) -- Marlena Shaw
6. The Nest Time Around -- Little Joy
7. DLZ -- TV on the Radio
8. Your Protector -- Fleet Foxes
9. Mouths to Feed -- Epochs
10. Language City -- Wolf Parade
11. Gila -- Beach House
12. Fools -- The Dodos
13. Beat -- Thao
14. Nice Fox -- The Rosebuds
15. Donde Esta La Playa -- The Walkmen
16. Cheap and Cheerful -- The Kills
17. Old Old Fashioned -- Frightened Rabbit
18. Torture -- King Khan & The Shrines
19. Icarus -- Santogold and Diplo
20. Soul on Fire -- Spiritualized

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift idea!! Love the faceoff concept too!!

    I will check out the selections - I already have the Beach House selection.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm...amazing! i envy people like this; it would take me months to put together a project like that.
    speaking of music....spooonful has made me so much cooler with the hubs (he doesn't know my secret source and is really impressed). thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...