Dream Closet.

January 4, 2009

One of my boring New Year's Resolutions which didn't make the list here is cleaning out my closet....and keeping it that way. I've been working on it over the past two days, thanks to a mother's helper in the form of our 16 year old neighbor girl. Can't really pull clothes out of closet and separate everything into piles with 2 small kids around, you know? Anyway, this right here is what I want my closet to look like:

How pretty and perfect is that?? I was not one of the girls who watched the Sex and the City movie and squealed audibly when Carrie walked into the massive closet that Big built out for her (although I do usually squeal for Big in general). This one is more my size (manageable...not too many choices) and I love the color coordination.

By the way, I transferred everything over to the best hangers. For those of you into this sort of thing, check out Huggable Hangers. They are super slim and velvety so nothing slips off. You can buy them at Target.

image via domino (and the invitation lady)

8 comments:

  1. That closet would stress me out, because while organized, it still has too much. Of everything. I saw this link on Unclutterer and really loved some of the ideas. It's Martha Stewart, so the three closets are overly perfected. But it wouldn't be Martha if it wasn't :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the best hangers in the world! I'm slowly switching over too! Good luck Jor. Can't wait to see it next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew our closet needed to be dealt with but 'my' stuff gets put on the back burner (woe is me). Not after this weekend! I tore the thing apart looking for my perfect gold clutch. That was it. I am taking it back too. Simple, clean with a few punches of pizazz is what I need to be able to access every single day! Time to purge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I do too! And I want that many shoes too, that would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too covet beautiful closets. I kept turning to this one page in Dwell a few months ago of a little girl's closet. It was my favorite page in the whole mag! This one is lovely too, from Making It Lovely

    http://makingitlovely.com/2008/12/16/my-organized-closet/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok we're both doing it. Go closets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cringed when girls in the theater squealed about Carrie's closet. Not that there's anything wrong with closets or anything. On the contrary, having a clean, well-edited closet really is one of the best things in life. And it's so therapeutic to rid yourself of stuff you just don't need or want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also on my new year's list - but I haven't even attempted to tackle it yet. :) Besides being better for the clothing, nice hangers just look better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...