Meet the Kir.

January 5, 2009

The other night, when AliceQ was over, I lamented that I need a new signature cocktail. Something to offer friends when they arrive. Something light, not too sweet, perfect before dinner. An aperitif, if you will. For a couple of years now, it has been Lillet Blanc with a splash of soda and a slice of orange....but (never thought I would say this), I am a little over it. Plus everybody has come to expect that now.

And so, as as AliceQ and I were having our own little Latke Party for two (maybe more on that later), I decided this shall be the Year of the Kir. Not a Kir Royale, mind you, with champagne. Because I'd just as soon have the champagne. A Kir made with dry white wine and just a splash of Creme de Cassis to add the most lovely berry color and flavor.

So go ahead and expect that next time you are over here around 5 o'clock.

image via flickr

9 comments:

  1. I like that - the Year of the Kir. These were delicious and so were the latkes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still need to try your latke recipe, they sound so good! I wish I could come for a Kir though my house will stick with the Lillet. I like it with just half an orange squeezed in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your style, ladyfriend! I am drinking a lot of martini rosso these days. And port. I love ruby port with stilton. I know I sound 80 years old, but it's soooooo gooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, kir is my fave, too! very classy French -- and a little less known than the Royale.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly I've never tried the Lillet. I know. What rock have I been living under? I have had Kirs lately and they are tasty but the other sounds so refreshing and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love, love kirs and lillet! and by the way, your site looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photo ;O)

    (It is mine!)

    Am looking forward to reading your blog after being directed here from my Flickr site.

    Best,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess that is better than "the year of the cur" - which would be kind of depressing.

    editor of "WTF is Really Going On?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok i need to head over to your house around 5 it appears...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...