Waldorf-Inspired Toys.

March 24, 2009

I really love the simple wooden toys C-Man plays with at his school and I would love to get some more for home. "Waldorf" toys can be expensive, however. They are usually handmade and made of products that aren't necessarily cheap (i.e. plastic)....which is all a very good thing. But it's an even better thing when you find an etsy shop like Natural Kids and Toys, which has many toys that are quite similar to the ones at C-Man's school at a fraction of the normal cost. Take a peek: I love this little bumble bee and honey set. Isn't it cute?? I know C-Man would go totally crazy for this ladybug-in-a-pot. That kid is the ladybug whisperer, I swear. He can find them ANYWHERE.
A little wooden bucket of eggs? Too sweet.
And these little felted birds in a nest are adorable too.

Imagination Kids also has some nice Waldorf-inspired toys.
I love this castle rainbow stacker. Classic Waldorf.

14 comments:

  1. love the toys. my daughter attends a similar school and I too wish we could bring more into our own playroom. Thanks for the Etsy tip!
    Oh and love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful toys...I love them. I've banned people from giving battery-operated gifts to my son and I'm thinking of banning plastic, too, but I confess that I bought for him some plastic teething toys myself...Etsy is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore that honey bee set. Yet another thing to add to my long list of etsy lust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all! Waldorf sounds like such an awesome school. Too bad we don't have one here... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rainbow stacker castle is so cute! Perfect for my castle/prince/king loving son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't normally comment on the blogs I read....just stalk along with everyone else :) But I recently found your blog and have so enjoyed keeping up with it. My husband and I are both attorneys as well (I just recently started back to work), and although cooking is way down on the list of things I enjoy doing, I have been inspired by you to look at it in a new light. Thanks for all the inspiration, kristy
    http://www.kristygussio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, these are all fantastic. I especially love the bee set and the castle. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These might even be great for decorations on a cute tea party table, as a giveaway to the little guests!

    -Neha

    ReplyDelete
  9. soo cute! the bees are super easy to make and a great little activity for the preschool set. we often made a whole branch of them as a bday gift for our friends when my girls were preschool aged. with a great pot of local honey, a honey dipper and some tea it makes for a lovely gift! or with beeswax crayons in a crayon roll or some molding beeswax or rolled beeswax for making candles. you just need a bit of wool roving, embroidery floss and a branch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like there is a lot of emphasis on fun with these toys. How about some toys that teach a child the meaning of hard work and the value of a dollar! A button-sewing kit is an excellent place to start and good way for little Jack and Jill to contribute to the household coffers.

    editor
    WTFIRGO

    ReplyDelete
  11. My girls are in a local Waldorf preschool program and we/they LOVE the toys. Thanks for the link! I just placed an order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love all your beautiful waldorf toys etc. i am teaching at a waldorf home based preschool and its always fun to introduce new items into our room.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...