Baja Memories.

March 3, 2009

I've really, really, really been enjoying the photos and bits of prose Cerre has been posting about her stay in Baja on her father's farmland. Here are a few teaser shots. I recommend you check out the rest if you are a Baja Lover, like I am. I totally wish I was down in that sweet, dry, dusty air right now walking the empty beaches.I'm remembering a trip down there with my family...maybe 15 years ago or so. We drove for two days to get to Bahia Concepcion, staying in little towns like Santa Rosalia and Guerrero Negro along the way. We snorkeled, slept under palapas on a beach we had to ourselves, harvested clams (which we steamed each night with butter and white wine), bought fish from 2 fisherman with a tiny boat as they pulled up to the shore (which we used for fish tacos with fat slices of mango on them), squeezed what seemed like hundreds of those tiny, sweet limes each night with my Uncle Brad to make margaritas I can still never duplicate..... I can't wait to take our kids down there when they get older.

If it all sounds so simple and blissful, that's because it was. And if it sounds like "Where's the nearest Four Seasons and pool boy??" Well, maybe it's not really a trip for you. :)

all photos by 2 or 3 things

7 comments:

  1. these pictures are magical...especially the one of the bull skeleton. i want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, I'm the one ordering room service and looking for the Four Seasons Pool Boy with the Evian mist. Maybe the Four Seasons Punta Mita is the compromise - Mexico & Luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista....I had you in mind with the Four Seasons comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go there and recreate your vacation. It sounds idyllic. And Cerre's pictures and blog are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. /sigh...../
    just what the doctor ordered on a rainy, hail-y day like today. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went on a Baja trip when I was a senior in high school with a friend's family. My first time clamming! It was fun. Thanks for your photo reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never got the chance to thank you for the ribs recipe and taco mix back in January. Right in to Feb, we got socked with sickness in the house and really took most of the month to recover. But the recipes were awesome! The taco mix was especially helpful--I didn't necessarily want to replicate the packets, but I needed to figure out the happy medium between blowing out my kids' taste buds and having no evidence of spicing at all! I really appreciated the help & have been using and tweaking that list all month (we have tacos about once a week). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...