Guess What? I Finished a Book!

March 17, 2009

And it had nothing to do with parenting or health or recipes. And most importantly, it wasn't a magazine. You see, ever since kids came along, my reading of books has gone down to almost nothing. Embarrassing. I'm so tired by the time I get in bed, and lord knows I don't have an hour in the middle of the day to curl up in a chair and read a novel.

But after one of my favorite bloggers (and writer herself) recommended The School of Essential Ingredients, my interest was piqued and I ordered it right away. I was immediately absorbed (the real trick these days) and I couldn't wait to get into bed at night to get through another chapter or two.

Books are so hard to recommend. They are personal, like music. All I can say is, if you enjoy books about people and relationships and how food is connected to life, then I think you will really like this book.

7 comments:

  1. love a good book suggestion! will order it on amazon... and as for the beach we'll be at our beach house not so so far from Lucca in July and August. You should come for a visit! I'm going to email you more info. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems a great reading! Definitely on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adding it to my alibris list too :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, sounds perfect. thanks! I hadn't heard of this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since my #2 was born I went from an avid reader to a ... a ... well, a magazine-reader is being kind, really. BUT! I found a solution! Kindle for the iPhone. Now I can read whenever I have 5 (or even 2) minutes, no matter where I am. I pick it up to read when we're sitting on the couch at night ... when I am sitting in the bathroom while the kids are having play time in the bath ... in line at the grocery store ... you name it! If you have an iPhone it totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the suggestion! I just requested it from the library. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We read The School of Essential Ingredients last month in my Sweet Life Book Club. It has left me wanting a follow up book. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...