Cold Sore Relief.

March 17, 2009

I understand this is not the sexiest of subjects, but I want people to know about this cream. If you are lucky and get cold sores (like I do!), hop on down to Whole Foods and get yourself some. I don't know about you, but I can never predict when these things are about to come on. For some, it's stress-related or diet-based. For me, there is only one predictor: something is on your calendar in the next couple of days and you want to look good for it. Maybe a vacation, a big party, or a run-in with your boyfriend from high school at the bookstore (that one wouldn't be on your calendar, but you most DEFINITELY wouldn't want a huge cold sore on that day, now would you?).

I discovered it when I was pregnant with Baby J. I didn't want to take the oral medication (which truly does work like a charm) or even the medicated cream (which also works). I'd been through every drugstore product without any good results. This stuff is made in Germany (I figure that's a head start right there in the healthy department), and you just put it on a few times a day at the first sign of a cold sore. Instead of lasting 7 days (or more), try 3, and it doesn't hurt and no one even notices you have one! I keep a tube of it (it's tiny) in my purse at all times.

2 comments:

  1. I've never... knock on wood... you know.... But I think it is really cool that you posted about this, Jora. You are beautiful, classy and still very real. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE cold sores! I will have to give this a try next time I get one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...