I Need a New Look.

August 20, 2008

I don't know if it's being a mom per se (and being focused on people other than myself) or if it's not having to go to an office everyday (not complaining) or maybe sheer laziness, but I am in a fashion RUT. I don't even know if I'm allowed to use the words "fashion" and "I" in the same sentence at this point. Seriously. I need to up the ante. Quick.

Turning to the style mavens behind Anthropologie always helps (and maybe makes me feel a little inadequate, but hey, that's OK). Do you ever check out their"outfits" section? This is what caught my eye. I'm so ready for fall to get here.


This is one of those outfits that looks very thought-out, but I could totally pull it off with a baby on my hip, no? While chasing C-Man into a timeout? Dark colors are a big plus.

I am loving the belt and the shoes. The shoes!

This jacket is one of those that could be a favorite for many, many years. So flattering. And the bag? Well, it could hold all of my stuff plus diapers, toys, and snacks.

Love that sweater. And the necklace. By the way....bangs are back I guess?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - you are one of the most effortlessly stylish people I know - actually, you ARE the most effortlessly stylish person I know! I do like that sweater though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Alice's comment. Puleeze! As someone who wears ill-fitting and outdated work clothes to the office (who wants to spend money on work clothes?) and essentially pj's and flipflops round the clock when not in the office, i have to laugh at one of my most stylish friends complaining about a fashion rut
    :-) but i am v. excited about anthropologie coming to FV, though I cannot agree with Jora's excitement for fall. I wish for summer all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with both of them Jor. Anthropologie has been one of my favorites forever, so I do love that you love it too. I know what I like but always feel like I'm tad bit off, besides the fact that my size is hard to fit. I've always been a tad envious that you just get it right even down to the accessories without trying. Maybe you just need a few new fall pieces to get out of your rut. Tell B I said so. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...