Hot or Not?

August 11, 2008

The other night we were having dinner with friends at one of our favorite restaurants -- at which the chef and owner is a former partner of Anthony Bourdain's at Les Halles in NYC. The conversation, naturally, turned to Mr. Bourdain . All three of us ladies quickly started gushing about Anthony and how he has that elusive X Factor. (I think we surprised ourselves just a bit.)The men at the table disagreed, but then again, don't they always about these sorts of things?

I really don't know what it is....his cynical masculine afraid-of-nothing approach to life just appeals to me. Plus he isn't afraid to say what he thinks about that little twerp Bobby Flay. And I know, I know, he eats monkey testicles and used to be a heroin addict. But now he's a new dad and he even quit his two pack a day habit for his little baby girl. And come on, the guy can cook.

What say you? Hot or not?

9 comments:

  1. Hmmmn, that is a tough one. Hot, yes, on the other hand, not? although quitting the smokes helps bump him up on the do-able scale. Verrrrry intriguing man though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote yes minus his icky addiction issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely hot! He's a manly man, who also happens to be funny and a great chef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely hot. It's that Bad Boy thing he's got goin' on.

    Glad to have found you by way of 180/360!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot...and I have even seen a pic of him without any clothes on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FoodieChick: You're holding out on us! Do share! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tee-hee. Bourdain wrote the preface for this cookbook and contributed a recipe. The featured photo of him was a full-page, head-to-toe, naked shot accessorized only by the large piece of meat he was holding in front of his large piece of... I almost lost it while perusing the book @ Warwicks in La Jolla!
    http://lartculinaire.wordpress.com/tag/my-last-supper-50-great-chefs-and-their-final-meals/

    ReplyDelete
  8. FoodieChick: My brother in law has that book...I am going to have to for sure borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot yes. I love that he speaks his mind about EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.

    But, ahem, I lurve me some Bobby Flay.....

    I saw the naked picture too -

    Go here if you want a look see

    http://bp0.blogger.com/_p2dHWwchk9E/SIqVNGpsUhI/AAAAAAAABRU/ZVb_l3kSVFk/s1600-h/naked+bourdain+small.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...