To B.

April 8, 2009

Today is B's birthday. I have been trying to think of something to write that would help those of you who don't know him in real life understand who he is and what makes him tick. But it's really, really hard and I haven't had that much coffee this morning. So, I decided to do something different. I am going to list some music that, for me, will forever remind me of B. I guess this list of music in some ways says more about me (it's not necessarily a list of his favorite music, but again, what reminds me of him....especially when I was first getting to know him so many years ago now). So, here goes.

Simple Things, Zero 7
Yankee Foxtrot Hotel, Wilco
musicforthemorningafter, Pete Yorn
All the stuff that Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds played together
Anything and everything by Jeff Buckley
Getz/Gilberto, Stan Getz
Napule E', Pino Daniele

I know there's lots more I will think of later, but this is what first comes to mind. :)

Happy, happy birthday, my love.

8 comments:

  1. Today is my dad's birthday too. I love him so much, yet he is a mystery to me. I do know that he loves these songs: "Don't Fence Me In" and "Mairzy Dotes." : )

    Happy Bday to your B.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday to B!!! I love Pete Yorn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday B, you are one incredible guy (who snagged one incredible lady). The song list says it all. Jeff Buckley, Wilco, Tim Reynolds! WooHoo and rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture. Hope B. had a good birthday - that sounds like a great list, we know and love a lot of those albums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list this is--Dave and Tim especially always sort of kick me in the gut. Happy Birthday to B :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful picture. I think it says it all! Lovely playlist, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday, B! I look forward to meeting you both one day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...