summer is here for the taking!
June 23, 2011
the littlest. Jora asked me to post while she is off on a fantastic summer adventure with her family. i am doing quite a bit of traveling myself over the next couple of months and cannot tear myself away from brian ferry's travel photos so i thought i'd share those and my top 10 list of simple but highly enjoyable things to do for summer.
1. sit on a colorful blanket and count clouds
2. eat castelvetrano olives and some deliciously cold vinho verde (both are the perfect color green)
3. put on the sprinklers (for just a little while) and run through them with your child(ren)
4. ride bikes
5. make lots of summer salads packed with fresh veggies
6. bbq, bbq and more bbq
7. plant a big beach umbrella in the sand and take a nap (ok, this might be hard with a toddler)
8. might i suggest a hammock or a canoe ride or a picnic?
9. walk through an outdoor market and sample some amazing cherries or peaches
10. slow the mind down and enjoy life
even though summers are not the same as they were when we were little, they are still a beautiful time to r-e-l-a-x.
p.s. you don't have to be in italy to be find the beauty in where you are! enjoy your summer!
images: brian ferry