Cocktail Friday

June 27, 2008

In the spirit of Hair Thursday, I would like to institute "Cocktail Friday" over here at Domestic Reflections. At least for the summer. It's not too early in the day, is it? After all, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

We first had this cocktail over at the swanky Starlite Lounge. I guess it's an old favorite from Region (R.I.P.). As it turns out, when you combine prosecco, limoncello, lemon and mint, life doesn't get more refreshing! I promise it will not disappoint.

Lemon Mint Prosecco Refresher
(makes one drink)

3-4 mint leaves
1 oz. lemon juice
1/2 t. sugar
2 oz. limoncello
prosecco

In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint, lemon juice and sugar. Add limoncello and some ice. Cover and shake back and forth over your shoulder. If you shake it up and down, you will look like an idiot (someone told me that once and I never forgot). You want to look very cool making this drink. Pour the mixture with the ice into a tall, narrow glass. Top with Prosecco. Chill out.

{I will try to post photos of the drinks normally. Today, I think my husband might be suspicious if I started shaking cocktails at this hour.}

10 comments:

  1. hi! i just discovered your blog this week and am headed out to get the makings for a
    Lemon Mint Prosecco Refresher (or two) now! How much prosecco should i add?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am a friend of Gil Cabrera's and he hooked me up with your blog ... very enjoyable. I also enjoy me some "Hair Thursday" so I appreciate Cocktail Friday. Look forward to reading more ...

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. a: I'm so excited you are going to try this! I guess this is sort of a "loose recipe"...use about a half glass worth of prosecco, or as much as you like to make it as sweet (or not) as you like it. The more prosecco, the less sweet it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. andrea....welcome! i'm so glad you like it so far. if you have cocktail suggestions, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love this cocktail -- have had it at Starlite. It is like an Italian play on a Mojito. Perfect summer drink.

    gc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I stumbled across your blog and have fallen in love with it. You have such a beautiful family and home. Couldn't help but notice that you were once an attorney - i just graduated law school in Austin, TX and am studying for the BAR. Would love to hear more about your shift from the legal world to your current world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gil -- yes, it does have a mojito-esque taste!

    Carolyn -- thank you so much! maybe i will post sometime about the differences and similarities of being an attorney v. being a SAHM....stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i gulp prosecco. adore limoncello. feel refreshed by your home. your babe is a doll. spent last summer on venice's lido, so i'm insta-attracted to all things italian {like my husband}...

    i. love. this. blog.

    found you through joslyn. it's a rule i have: joslyn provides a link, i run to it. simple lovely, right?

    i will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Lemonchello in my freezer as we speak. I just need to get Prosecco. Its on my to do list to go get. I can't wait to try.
    I really am enjoyng your blog.
    So much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...