Some Serious Baggage.

August 14, 2010

Pictures2
Hello - Alice here again! Filling in for Jora while shes' on her Italian adventure.

Speaking of traveling, I'm hoping to do some myself soon, and I sure would love to have one of these suitcases to take along. I'm one of those people who travels with the non-descript black bag - so much like everyone else's that I had to tie a string on it to tell it's mine at the baggage claim.

That's not going to happen with one of these, but I'm venturing to guess you probably won't be checking one anyway - especially the J. Crew bags, pictured above. These require a bit of a shall we say... investment? When I saw the prices, that song from Fiddler on the Roof literally started going through my head... you know the one - "If I were a rich man... dee da dee da dee da doo da de da deedadeeda dooooo..."

Still, they are lovely, and (with the possible exception of the snow white one) relatively practical. I've also had that black bag for what, twelve years now? If I were to amortize the cost over the life of the bag (assuming no one runs off with it) I'd probably get my money's worth, am I right? I'll have to try that argument out on my husband. In the meantime, you can find the yellow bag, orange bag and my personal favorite, the white one on J. Crew's website, in that In Good Company section I like so much.
steamline 2
These Steamline Luggage cases are a bit more practical. Still expensive, but they won't break the bank. These pink and yellow trimmed beauties are from the Editor's Series - which is sold out online, but it looks like they're about to come out with their new looks for the season, so head on over to their site and sign up to be notified if you're interested. These are covered with linen but they have some lovely leather options as well:
SteamLine Luggage  Designer luggage - inspired by travel & exploration  Tel. +353-1-4295 - Windows Internet Explorer 8132010 90047 AM.bmp
Here are a couple more gratuitous shots of the Editor's Series...
SteamLine Luggage  Designer luggage - inspired by travel & exploration  Tel. +353-1-4295 - Windows Internet Explorer 8132010 85843 AM.bmp
SteamLine Luggage  Designer luggage - inspired by travel & exploration  Tel. +353-1-4295 - Windows Internet Explorer 8132010 85925 AM.bmp

Ahh.... If only I were a rich (wo)man...

I'd get some good use out of these babies, let me tell you!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of beautiful luggage but I know it would be trashed the first time it was used!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...