Go on, make believe

August 5, 2010

Hi, it's Khali from little. lovely. dropping in to say hello again before my weekend begins.

One of my favourite parts of parenthood is playing make believe with my children. Today, we built a house in the woods together.

To the untrained eye, it may have simply looked like blankets, sheets and quilts piled over our dining table and chairs but I'm sure you'll agree it was something far more special.

We're planning a weekend getaway here eating nothing but pancakes, icecream and cake covered in frosting.

We also built guest accommodation nearby for some of our favourite friends including a knitted monkey, doll and little animals who looked a lot like my children.

You're all welcome to come stay with us, although I'm pretty sure the knitted monkey called dibs on the bed in the tree.

I hope you have a lovely weekend full of make believe.
x

[Image credits: 1-3, 4-5]

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite pastimes - building amazing houses (forts:)) - that I have not yet done with my own children. That will need to change... maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this as well. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...