Autumn Beckons

August 18, 2010

Hello, this is Leigh from Marvelous Kiddo, and I'm so honored to be here!

When I got to thinking about a theme for this post, I couldn't get my mind off the winding-down of Summer. I love this bridge season we're in here in the North East United States, when I'm trying my best to relish the muggy, numbered days of August, yet I just can't help getting a little excited about the crisper time that will soon arrive.

With this in mind, I've assembled a series of images and things that inspire and excite me by evoking a sense of the delicious last days of Summer and the beckoning of Autumn.

I want to buy them, make them, be there right now.

Photobucket
This gorgeous line of sustainably-made children's clothing

Photobucket
This deliciously cluttered loft

Photobucket
This versatile, reversible ring sling

This breathtaking setting for a meal


These perfect little Minnetonkas

These magical votive lanterns made of orange peels

Photobucket
This adorable handmade costume

This vision of a fun weekend retreat

What are you feeling these days?

11 comments:

  1. i loooooove that chakra skirt. and pretty much all the other links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to miss summer! It's always filled with fun times for everyone. I'm ambivalent about autumn. I wish summer could stay longer though. My daughter wants to go places with water still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Leigh! These past few days I've been loving the late August sun setting over the lake- we go to the beach and collect rocks and just listen to the waves, run our fingers through the sand. Any colors and all colors of an autumn-is-nearing beach is my favorite right now!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is my favorite time of the year, but it's just starting to get really hot here- so it definitely doesn't feel ready to say goodbye to summer, quite yet.

    I'm sure I'll get there quickly when my kids return to school next week:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love, love this list. i'm wishing that first outfit was available for mamas and not just baby girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO want that teepee. We have the perfect spot for one, and I need to get it before our nieces and our friends kids get too old to play in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been feeling SO not ready for summer to end, and even anxious about the inevitability. so this helps. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is adorable! Love all the pictures!

    That handmade costume too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in SD we are only on about day 3 of proper summer, so we are not ready for fall at all! hoping for lots more sunshine here ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. that little girls outfit is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I believe that I need a teepee in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...