What I've Been Up to Today.

September 29, 2009

Yes, folks, that is a pumpkin pie and a tomato and spinach quiche. Now, before you get too impressed, do know that those crusts are the frozen ones from Whole Foods, and that I have not baked or cooked anything in what feels like weeks. This was the least I could do.

I have had my heart set on a pumpkin pie ever since B and I made a quick trip to Costco last week and I saw them so prettily displayed in the refrigerated section. I've regretted not getting one ever since. I am going to eat a very large piece this afternoon piled high with unsweetened whipped cream. Just sayin'.

The quiche is a little bit of nostalgia for me. Right after JuJu was born, my friend Paula brought over a tomato and spinach quiche (and a yummy salad as I recall) and it was one of those perfect food moments. You know, when you are starving and something (preferably homemade with love) just totally hits the spot? That quiche, that day, tired from feeding and caring for a brand new baby, did it for me. Something tells me this won't be quite the same, but hey, at least I'm cooking again!

12 comments:

  1. this makes the goldfish i am eating all of a sudden seem to so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny--I remember all my friends with reverent gratitude for bringing food when the babies were born but my favorite was also a quiche (bacon & cheese) and I felt the same way. Such comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. The universe is telling me to make a quiche b/c I just read Jora's Raising Foodies blog about quiche, too!

    P.S. Pumpkin pie is my fave!!

    P.P.S. I kind of want you to have another girl, mostly b/c I'm so obsessed with JuJu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who's about to deliver...this is quite an accomplishment! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! how you cook / bake with 2 kids running around i will never know. superwoman! (ps it is krista)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that quiche looks so good....any chance you'd be willing to share the recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow look at you baker, quite the culinary day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I drool over those Costco pies too. And now I'm drooling over your beautiful quiche. Very impressive! P.S. I picked up a Sunset today. Such great pictures of you and your house! I can't imagine what it must be like to live in such a showcase. And so fun to see in a magazine where the kids played, where we ate dinner . . . Congrats again! So any minute now, right? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how funny, I'm making almost the same thing tonight - a tomato fritatta. Quiche sounds better though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...I'm so glad to hear that meal was good and actually memorable! I always hope that when I take food to someone it turns out to be better than when I make it for myself. For the record everyone, that quiche was made from a recipe that I learned from Jora. I hope she has a moment to post it for you - sadly, mine is buried in a pre-GFCF cooking locker. That might have been the last quiche I made....oh I so fondly remember pints of heavy cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i did the same thing when we hit up our costco...totally turned a blind eye to the oversized pie, but regretted it. i did end up making those pumpkin cupcakes your friend posted on her blog. they were super easy and tastey! i think you can pull them off as muffins minus the cream cheese frosting:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...