Five Years.

September 3, 2009

Today is our five year anniversary. We have been so busy and distracted (B is in trial, I am in nesting mode plus getting C-Man ready to start school next week, yadda yadda), that we haven't planned anything big to celebrate. Not that we could go anywhere too exciting right now considering the 34 week belly and all. But we are going to get out of town for a couple of days. I can't tell you how much we need this and how excited I am to just not be home and to be sans ankle-biters, I mean C-Man and JuJu.

I loved our wedding -- we were married at a dear friend's winery, and had our close friends and family by our sides. It was a beautiful evening -- warm, starry, full of good smells and sounds. Crush (the grape harvest) had just begun that weekend in the Wine Country and everything was purple, green and gold. Most of all, it was the night we started our lives together in this new way. A married way. So grown-up. So real. And we really hit the ground running. A baby before our first anniversary and two more (almost) by our fifth. Two houses, a big remodel, work changes, travel, some bumps along the way. I can't wait to find out what the next five, and come to think of it, fifty-five will bring.

Love you, B.

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And have a wonderful getaway for two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty pretty.

    hope you guys have a delicious weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful weekend Jora!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priviliged to have been there. Remember it the same way. Just can't believe its been 5 years. Time flies....
    Congratulations!
    Rikard & Aud

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Jora

    ive just stumbled onto your blog ...so glad to read ur posts...just makes my lonely mummy days so much easier..

    im a corporate lawyer turned full time mummy too....i have one little boy he's 13 months old (i got preggers on my honeymoon) and since then life has never been the same again!...

    sometimes looking after the baby, the house and cooking meals really gets too much...hey jetsetting and working a sixteen hour days in a law firm was way easier!

    anyways..just wanna say..im totally amazed..u have a huge house and 3 kids....how do u do it? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy number 5! we just celebrated our 7th on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure my marriage would have survived all of that in five years! Happy Anniversary to you both, and have a wonderful babymoon this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I just love reading your blog (have been a lurker for a while) and can't wait to read more. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! looks like it was a magical day... one that set you off well on your journey together. Enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! Happy 5 years! Love the wedding photo- how magical to have a wedding at a vineyard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations! i remember that weekend like it was yesterday. such a fun exciting time for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary and have a wonderful little babymoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary, I love the wedding photo. Have a great weekened away.

    I have 2 boys a 4 year old and 2.5 year old, I used to be a corporate lawyer and am now a full time mum, have been married for 5 years as well. I have yet to take a break with my husband without the boys, gosh no wonder I'm exhausted.

    Need to organise something by the beach, especially since summer is on the way (I live in Australia). You've inspired me Jora, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful photo. i am tearing up reading this post (not that I am hormonal or anything :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy anniversary!
    I haven't popped in for awhile and I am so happy for you for baby #3! I remember when you were moving house and 9 months along with your daughter, but somehow you managed it, survived and thrived. here's to more of the same!
    be good to yourself,
    - Claire (formerly from University Heights)

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulazioni!and it was a pleasure to see you the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats Jora. I went to check out the site of your friends vineyard and it looks magical. I love the name too... so appropriate. hope you are feeling well and getting excited for your new arrival. i missed you here in italy this summer, but it will be all the more fun next time since you'll be a family of 5!!! The more the merrier, our door is always open.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo woo! Enjoy! We are back from the wilderness - coming home tomorrow. So exhausted but it was great - hope your weekend was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so perfect. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...