Man, I Need a Mango Michelada.

May 6, 2009

One of the bummers about being pregnant is the alcohol issue. I am not one to completely cut it out, as I prefer to see myself as a French woman intent on pursuing joie de vivre, just stuck here for the time being in an American body. Ha. Anyway, I do have a sip of wine here and there with my dinner (it's only civilized, right?). But I do not indulge. I wish I could, however, after all this talk of Cinco de Mayo and margaritas and such. This drink, the Mango Michelada, sounds particularly intriguing. Will someone please try it and report back? (Nichole, I am thinking YOU should do this for me!) And think of me while that cold, refreshing goodness is going down.

p.s. I miss Cocktail Fridays! Wah!

8 comments:

  1. OOH. i will definitely be trying this one. yum and perfect for the texas heat!

    p.s. more videos of JuJu please... i'm having withdrawal symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds intriguing. I'll definitely give it a try. I couldn't drink for the last two years (or at least, indulge, like you say) due to pregnancy and nursing so I'm ready for some libation! This drink reminds me of the Sip and Go Nakeds we used to drink in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH Michelada! I had forgotten about those. When we lived in California my daycare provider (ha!) who was originally from Mexico turned me on to Micheladas where you had a frosted glass, crushed ice, salted rim, your bear of choice, and a dash of tobasco sauce - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my pinot grigio, and miss it dearly, since I am expecting too. But like you, I am allow myself a tres petite, tres Frenchie glass of a light red now and then.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take one for the team. I'm printing it out right now. I just need an occasion to test it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy...I'm going to try this. It reminds me of the amazing margarita I had at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill (I think it was a peach or pear margarita). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Michelada's and Mango's. I can't wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...