A Lesson In Letting Go.

February 9, 2009

I couldn't help but think of the quote that Heidi has up on her blog the other day when I dropped C-Man off at the airport to fly with B to Mary's funeral. It's the first time he has flown anywhere without me.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone

Look at him...he's such a big boy standing in line checking everything out.
Just after I took that picture and was about to drive away, he turned around and started waving and blowing kisses like crazy and yelling "Ti amo, Mama!! Ti amo!!" (That's what he and I say to each other.)

8 comments:

  1. A very big boy, indeed.

    The quote is a favorite of mine. Sums up motherhood for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... that would be hard! Children are amazingly resilient. I'm definitely the one who has separation anxiety! I hope everything went alright for the funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And after he got on the plane, did you go stand in a corner and cry? My husband last year took the two older kids and drove to NJ while the baby and I flew up a day later and met them. Watching my "babies" drive away without me was very, very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a milestone.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. he's adorable. that is so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brave boy and even braver mom. How sweet was your reunion?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't checked in to read your blog for a wee while. But, I adore this post. The picture of your little man is gorgeous, and I love that he yelled "ti amo Mama".

    That quote is gorgeous too.

    Thanks! That is a little bit of something sweet for my day :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you speak Italian with your children?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...