Thai Peanut Slaw a la Trader Joe's.

August 27, 2009

I want to share a recipe, but I don't have a photo for you, so you will have to take my word (and B's) for it. I got the recipe from the lady at the sample table at Trader Joe's the other day.

Now, I have shopped at many different Trader Joe's throughout the years, and the current location is one of my least favorites. The parking situation is pretty good, the aisles are actually wide enough to get the carts through and there aren't horrible lines when you're erady to check out. What's the problem, then? The sample table SUCKS. Other TJ sample tables will have great new items, tasty recipes, super friendly staff, but our neighborhood store has a grumpy older woman who always has the most uninspired food. One time she offered a scoop of potato salad with a piece of hamburger bun. Huh?

Anyway, the other day, there was a new, fresher, happier girl working the table and she was offering samples of a Thai Peanut Coleslaw. It couldn't be easier to put together. B ate almost the whole bowl. The kids weren't so into it, but that's OK because it just left more for us, I mean B.

Thai Peanut Slaw a la Trader Joe's

1 bag shredded green cabbage
1/2 bag shredded carrots
1/2 c. (or so) raisins
1/2 c. (or so) peanuts
Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette to taste (I used about half the bottle)

Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy! (I served this with grilled chicken tenders and called it a meal.)

12 comments:

  1. Since I don't fancy cooking, this sounds like something that I could put together easily--and that might make it seem like I know what I am doing! Thanks for the tip.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this too at TJ's! Very yummy. I also use the dressing with whole wheat noodles, peanuts, cilantro, carrots. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get enough peanut vinaigrette. Sounds so yummy, especially in this heat. Hope you're staying cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was there on that day and I didn't try some! A shame! That TJ's is rather crazy.

    It was so nice to meet you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! Last time I was there, the sample was mayonnaise on a piece of bread - I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good! I am addicted to Thai Peanut anything right now so will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sample table at TJs is sometimes what I have for dinner! I have no room in my schedule for a bad sample table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peanut sauce. sounds like it couldn't be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok - i thought the potato salad with a piece of bun was a funny sample, but mayonnaise on a piece of bread just almost made me fall of my chair laughing. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!!! I am always on the lookout for good peanut sauce recipes... can never get enough. The TJ's factor makes it all the more enticing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Will be trying this sometime this week for sure. I adore easy dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love making this with the broccoli slaw!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...