A Little Down.

August 17, 2009

Today is sort of a melancholy day. You see, we were supposed to be returning from a family vacation to France and Italy this evening. We had planned a sort of "last hurrah" type trip before the baby comes. (Travelling with three small children sounds so much harder than two, doesn't it?)

But, as you know, things got a little wonky for us this summer, so we decided to cancel the trip. It was a good decision. But still. It makes me sad to know we missed out on such a great trip. I'd like to think we are going to reschedule sometime soon. But there is that issue of the third child coming. Yeah, that.

So, I'm having a normal-ish busy Monday morning, instead of flying home from a trip. Hey, at least I'm not trying to entertain/sooth two small children in a cramped seat in coach, right??

6 comments:

  1. i'm one of what i'm assuming are countless anonymous readers who think you are just fabulous.

    i'm so sorry to hear things went rogue on you - for what it's worth, you're always a delight to come visit in the blogosphere, and days with jora are always a little bit brighter.

    wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you for sure made the right decision, but totally understandable that you are blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. I know how hard it can be to travel with young children. Find the good in being home and with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, maybe give it a go once she's here. She'll get to fly free, for a while anyway.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you didn't get to go on your trip. I wondered what happened with that! I still wish we could've met up for an espresso in Rome. :( Regardless, I think you'll be just fine traveling with 3 children. It's work but it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. We canceled a big trip this Summer too and I am in the exact same boat as you. Two little girls (almost 4 and almost 2) and expecting a 3rd. Traveling with 3 scares me too. I keep telling myself life goes on, but how hard is it really going to be is the ultimate ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...