Quinoa Salad With Fennel, Carrot, Zucchini and More.

January 24, 2012


I figure as long as I'm on a posting roll, I may as well share with you a really yummy salad I made.  Now, I know I have mentioned on more than one occasion how crazy I am about this quinoa salad with apples and aged gouda.  (It still might be the best.)  Then, the other night for Supper Club, Alice made this quinoa dish.  Also really, really good.  But today I wanted crunchy and fresh with lots of flavor.  I remembered a salad my friend Megan made and asked her for the recipe.  I followed it mostly and made a couple of changes just because I had different ingredients on hand.  It was so very insanely delicious.  If I do say so myself.  ;-)

Quinoa Salad With Fennel, Carrot and Zucchini

I think it's really important to chop the vegetables finely.  I'm not sure why, but it's just better.

2 c. cooked quinoa (cooled to room temperature)
1 small zucchini, chopped finely
5 small carrots, chopped finely (I had a beautiful rainbow assortment which worked nicely)
1/2 red pepper, chopped finely
1 small head fennel, chopped finely
2 small shallots, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
zest and juice of 2 meyer lemons
1/4 c. sherry vinegar
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and pepper

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a serving bowl.  Mix together remaining dressing ingredients and add to quinoa and vegetables.  Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.

19 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a dish that I used to make while I was pregnant with my third child. I had to have it and ate it almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks GOOOD and like it would have nice flavor and texture. I've been trying to perfect/figure out a quinoa dish I had in Maui last fall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love quinoa, but i guess i'd forgotten that I do. thanks for the reminder and the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! And I wanted to say- I love that you're on a roll with posting! Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do tell - what is supper club?
    sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks excellent! Will definitely be telling the wife about this recipe...

    Andrew
    www.erinandreweverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love quinoa. Can't wait to have it again. This is going in the archives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jora, this is gorgeous! I'm going a cleanse this week and I think I should make this recipe. Thanks for sharing. xoMegan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally trying this when I get home...Quinoa is one of the few carby things I can eat so I'm always trying to find ways to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally trying this when I get home...Quinoa is one of the few carby things I can eat so I'm always trying to find ways to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Jora. I've been away at Alt and missed all the yummy recipes! Must. make. immediately! I am obsessed with salads and all of these ingredients make my heart flutter a bit. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made this and it is sooo delicious. Also, my first time working with fennel bulb, so that's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks yummy! This week I also made a really good tabbouleh with whole wheat couscous. I used the preparation method on the TJ's box (special for tabbouleh) with half the amount of oil. I added a bunch of chopped cherry tomatoes, cucumber, herbs, garlic and lots of lemon juice. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just made and devoured the first quinoa salad that you mentioned. amazing. thank you! thank you! might or might not be making my 2nd batch in two days right now!

    and adore your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exactly the recipe that I needed! Thank you so much! I've recently discovered several food sensitivities which have made cooking a less than enjoyable task but this recipe has renewed me. Thank you!
    Jennifer R.
    Indianapolis, IN

    ReplyDelete
  16. this looks delicious! definitely going to try this sometime soon x kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. this looks delicious! definitely will be making this soon x kat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...