New Year, New Ideas.

January 2, 2012


I found this list of rules for happiness a couple of months ago on pinterest (I think through Kate of Wit and Delight....don't you just love her??).

I really can't imagine a better, more complete list, can you?

I always have big aspirations for goals, resolutions, hopes, dreams, determinations at the beginning of a new year.  I guess it isn't that surprising that come March (or earlier), I've forgotten (or blocked) most of them.  But this year, this list right here feels so timely... exactly what I need.  And just to keep it extra simple, I want to focus on # 4 and 5 in 2012.  I think it really all starts there.  Everything flows from giving more and expecting less, no?  I really believe we are here to give to others.

Also, I would very much like to be here more.  I miss this place.  In truthfulness, when I started this blog, I liked the semi-anonymity of it all.  I didn't tell very many people I knew about it.  I've become a bit too self-conscious about it, but I don't want that to be a factor so much anymore....  I really likes what Blake said about blogs.  I know that I most love blogs that give me a little peak into some one's life.  Not the best photos, the best advice, the perfect recipes (although I like those too!).  I would like to pop in here regularly for more reflections and anecdotes and ideas and snapshots from my day.  I want to record this life that is happening.  The good and the not so good.

2012 has a good ring to it, and I am looking forward to what is around the corner.  :-)

13 comments:

  1. i love this! gotta keep em in mind :)

    happy new year!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean by the semi-anonymity of a blog. The cathartic feeling I used to get by saying what I think sometimes doesn't happen because I'm not sharing as much as I used to. It's weird trying to find that tricky balance. Here's to 2012 and making blogs the right place at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree whole heartedly on starting with 4 & 5. Expectations are the path to sorrow, frustration and unhappiness in my life. When I release them all is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "free your mind from worries" has always been a challenge for me...part of letting go of expectations for myself. I agree: expectations are the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, sister ;) Looking forward to 2012 here at DR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds perfect.

    I think I've told you that I've been following your blog for a long time now, and your blog is one of those shapshot of life blogs that *I* thoroughly enjoy, so the prospect of even more posts is great news to me. :)

    Happy New Year!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. well said Jora. that list is perfection and I completely agree. we are here to give.

    p.s. i'd love to see more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes!!
    happy new year -- hoping to make it down to SD in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that list very much. And yes, do post more! It doesn't have to be all picture perfect. Blake-ify your blog. We will love you even more, I guarantee.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  10. would like to see you here more often too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it... & also love what you wrote about blogging (& agree entirely) =).

    happy new year, to one of my very first blogging pals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great list! I am going to follow you on your journey.
    xo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...