On the road again.

July 5, 2011


Hi there!

I'm Torrie, from a place to share... honored to post on one of the very first blogs I stalked while figuring out how to start my own.  Her ideas... her recipes... her finds never cease to inspire me to enjoy life, to cherish motherhood- and domesticity, to get real, to get in kitchen, & to get my wallet out :).

Over the holiday weekend, I built up the courage to tackle a project that I've procrastinated for months- well, years.  Sorting through endless piles of unread magazines- reading, tearing, clipping, filing, tossing, burning (not really, but it'd sure be a lot easier!).  I started with the long lost Cookie collection.  I am nowhere near completion on this project, yet I'm kinda getting a kick out of all of the "old-new" information/ideas/tips/products... never before seen {by me} in the blog world.  

Whether abroad, or just across town, time spent traveling with kids is dramatically increased during the summer months, so I thought I'd share a few travel-related 'Cookie Magazine ideas'...

   
play a game that's travel-friendly & embraces different cultures...
Image via
 
keep them busy
Image via

(with activities that don't involve loud noise, paint, &/or batteries)...
 Image via 

keep them safe...
Image via
  
facilitate {long} naps...
Image via
  
find a {drive-in} theater near you...
Image via
 
...& when traveling through foreign lands and overseas is simply not an option, why not bring culture to you??
Image via




9 comments:

  1. Amazing post as per usual, Torrie! I love to see you here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list. Love those crayons and that matching game. I love anything for kids that does not involve batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting out the word on those sunscreen wipes! They are just what I need for my squirmy little guy, who also happens to burn in an instant. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i love this post Torrie! Great job! My favorite is the last one- the destination package. How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torrie, I needed this list before our road trip! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post- i love those crayon things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - love that last destination package - how very cool. Will have to get those combo pens, crayony thingies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've inspired me to dig out my stack of Martha Stewart Kids mags that I've had in storage since we moved. I know I kept them for a reason.

    Cool crayon options too. Makes me wish my little was bigger, at least big enough not to eat them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...