Summer Vacation. Yes.

May 31, 2011

Friends.  We are doing something a little crazy again this summer.  We leave in a little over two weeks.  We are getting a bit more ambitious than last summer in terms of moving around.  I feel a little weird about sharing it here because I don't want to come off as a total braggart, but then again I am so excited and will have to explain the blog absence, right?
{*our beach* ... where it all began}
So......here's the plan.  We fly into Nice, France and are going to stay in a house right by that favorite beach of ours that we found on our honeymoon some years back.  Then, we are heading up to Switzerland to visit a friend of B's that runs a children's sports camp in the Alps --(Crans Montana to be precise), and then back down to Lucca (where we were last summer) to join some friends who are on sabbatical right now and traipsing all around Europe and beyond (bastards).  We will be renting a car and driving between these three places, which should be fun and, to be honest, a bit stressful with the kids.
{crans montana}
OK, so, does anyone know how to lose about 5 pounds, get real tan and learn French...all in about 14 days?  I need your tips.  Ha.  Also, I am getting in hyper-planning mode and I need your tips for entertaining kids and keeping them happy during the travels.  I have some of my own (which I don't think I ever shared here....will try to get on that) but I am by no means an expert and can use all the help I can get.  We take an evening flight out, so the HOPE is the kids will sleep from here to London (11 hours).  Then, we have a short flight down to Nice which I'm not too worried about.  But there is the adjustment to the time change and all the normal stressors that come with travel, so I want to do all I can to make the experience as easy on them as possible.  But hey, as soon as we get to the Cote d'Azur all we will have to do is hang on the beach, so it can't be that hard!  And I guess I forgot to mention that we convinced one of our favorite (and original) sitters to join us for the France part of the trip (she is in Italy right now with her boyfriend so it isn't too far for her to travel).  We so can't wait to see you, Sasha!
{center of lucca}
So there you have it.  Now you know what we're up to this summer!

p.s. if you have special travel tips for any of these areas, let me know that too!  xoxo 

20 comments:

  1. Pounds--Jillian (Ripped in 30... 30 day shred- I know, "30" is an issue, but 2 workouts per day??).

    Tan--Clinique Self Tan. Love. (The day before you leave, apply after morning shower, and then again in the evening.)

    French-- No clue :).

    Kids/Traveling-- As much as I have them- DS's do the trick every time. & Movies. When they get in trouble, prior to or during the trip, and we take these items away, we're really just punishing ourselves.

    Last but not least... Can I house sit for you while you're away?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, have fun!! I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to amazon and check out "little dover books". They are these pocket sized books for kids. activity books, reusable sticker books...and only $1.50 each! (and even part of the 4 for 3 promotion...) We're taking our kids on a 3 wk trip through the UK this summer (can you say backpacking it with 4 kids ages 7 and under?? we're nuts) and I'm really hoping these will help me out! little...check...lightweight...check....cheap....check.... Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited for your vaca and can't wait to see and hear all about it. Maybe even chat about it in person when you get back?! If we can get our business together.

    I've heard, and not sure how you feel about this, ipads are great for kids. Think movies, games, etc. and small to travel with which is key. As for the 5 lbs, try the Goop detox. At least you'll feel like you deserve those carbs. And tanning, well I don't. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO exciting! And yes, I am jealous. I took 5 years of French and I really don't know what advice to give you LOL! As for travel tips? I like to wrap up tiny little trinkets for the tot to unwrap every hour or so on the plane. Special little things I get just for the trip. Dwell Studio makes an adorable little art travel pouch. Also...WikkiStix are amazing. Lightweight and very portable and little ones can not get enough bending and twisting them.
    We are leaving for Alaska which is an 8 hour flight and for the first time I am a little freaked out...thinking of splurging on that new iPad2 after seeing the tot make music and art and take photos with it. I'm not normally a techy gal when it comes to toys but I think it might save my life!
    Safe travels to you! So lovely!
    Best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. This must mean that my family can come to your house to watch it while you are gone. The bees and chickens will need us to watch them, no?

    Although jetting off to the south of France inspires a bit of envy, it all sounds marvelous, and I hope you all have a lovely, lovely trip. What memories for your little ones!

    Thanks for the tip about the no-squish, non-spendy ON bikinis. I snagged a turquoise one this weekend...and had to go back for a smaller size on the bottom half (hooray!)

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous. So. Insanely. Jealous. It will be just fabulous and I can't wait to live vicariously through your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. South of France = paradise! Sounds like you're going to have an amazing time. If I'm right, the Matisse Museum is in Nice...have you been? If not, you should...it's a must see. Oh, and of course, la plage...

    xoMegan

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, i laugh at myself for even attempting to share travel tips since palm springs is the farthest we go! but in my experience having a tech obsessed husband who uses all gadgets in existence to try and entertain the kids, the ipad actually doesn't entertain them for very long - they get bored after a few minutes. yours may be different but that's mine.

    run hills or stairs or do hot yoga, not that you need to lose an ounce :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love! Your summer sounds so wonderful. Enjoy your time away and we can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. googleThe attributes are quite equivalent towards the Windows Reside Academic Search that was created by the Microsoft so that you can search the scholarly databases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. can i house sit with torrie?

    and you called your friends bastards. i'm calling you bastards! take me with you!!! that coast is calling my name! while you're looking at the beaches in france i'm going to be getting peed on by a newborn baby! while that sounds reallllly lovely, steve can handle it. take me with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just coming back to read others' comments/suggestions, and I realized I put "as much as I have them" (referring to D.S.'s)... Meant "hate" them!!

    (k... feel better now that I got that off my chest :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great vacation! If you roll with it so will your kids! Keep calm, enjoy every minute. Can I say I'm jealous???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous. Yes. Ambitious. Yes. Can't wait to hear about your fun trip while the rest of us are stuck here in SD?? Yes. Regardless, I hope it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Switzerland will be amazing with kids. Very kid friendly country with easy train travel and parks and playgrounds.
    5 lbs - using the Isagenix cleanse program for 2 weeks will easily get you down 5lbs, then you will have room to eat amazing pastries and chocolate in Europe! Enjoy your vacation!
    Jillian B

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHAT?! You do not have ANY extra weight on you. On the contrary, my friend. This looks like such a fabulous holiday. Switzerland is so beautiful and fresh. I know that sounds funny, but there's something special in the air there. I can't wait to go back one day. My only suggestion for traveling with the babes is to go with the flow. Enjoy the drama and the bliss equally. It is the beauty that makes travel so much fun! xo

    PS. I hope you get to see Bonciani again. Maybe you can pick up a painting for me?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. summer...just the thought makes us smile.. hcg diet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Bridget why are you getting so angry?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...