"this would be a major reason to go back in time"

May 9, 2011

(That is a comment left by someone on this youtube video.)

A small intro.  There is no music that reminds me more of my parents than Fleetwood Mac (also Steely Dan, but that is a bit more my dad's thing).  As a result, Fleetwood Mac touches me at my core.  I walked down the aisle to Eva Cassidy's version of Songbird. I think a lot of people feel this way about Fleetwood Mac.  (I'm thinking of my friend Nichole, who once told me she fell hard in love with her now-husband at a FM concert some years back).  Anyway, their music is haunting and Stevie Nicks?  Well, she is a true mystic and I love her.

This video is just plain AWESOME.



Thanks to Jordan for tweeting about this video!

10 comments:

  1. Hands down, Stevie Nicks has the most beautifil singing voice of any female in the world. The way she sings "Landslide"-- clear and strong, without feeling like she has to hit all kinds of high notes-- gives me chill EVERY time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. I lived a sheltered life and didn't know who Stevie Nicks was. You have altered me forever. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this video. I should have included this on today's mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treasure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be one of "those" obsessed fans of Stevie Nicks. I still love her and her music immensely, but other things took over my life. :) I used to run a website called "The Wildest Heart" that was all about Stevie Nicks and have quite a Stevie Nicks music memorabilia collection including several backstage videos (on VHS) that were bootlegged. Great fun to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, FM always gives me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautiful. Thanks, Jora.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stevie is SUCH a mystic. Do you listen to Jessie Baylin? She's a friend of a friend, and her voice has that same magical quality.

    http://jessiebaylin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing...thank you for showing that to me ;)
    I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss you my friend. Your memory freaks me out!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...