Overheard.

June 5, 2009

When you hit three years old, the sillier the conversation, the better. As in, just substitute one ridiculous word for the next and things just get funnier. At least for C-Man. Don't get what I'm talking about? Here is an example from the other afternoon in the kitchen....B and I were talking, C-Man was sitting at the bar. (I told this story to the girls at dinner the other night, so sorry to them for the repeat...)

C-Man: (trying to get our attention) Hello oven. (laughs)

(We continue talking)

C-Man: Hello floor. (laughs)

B: (catching on) Hello apple. (C-Man laughs hysterically)

C-Man: Hello sink. (ditto)

C-Man: Hello bottom. (pushing the limit a bit here)

B and me in unison: No, we don't joke like that.

C-Man: Hello pee-pee.

B and me in unison: Noooooo.

C-Man: Hello gas.

B and me in unison: C-Man! No!

C-Man: (thinking very quickly) Gas for the car! Gas for the car! That's what I'm talking about!

5 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you this but it just gets worse. My 6 and 8 year olds only get hysterically giggly when the subject refers to bathroom humor, pass gas (as they so fondly refer to it), and male and female body parts. (My girly girl daughter is even worse than her brother even though she only pulls these stunts at home.) So there you go, something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just discovered your blog. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through "Panic Room".....I'm a mother of 4, ages 9, 7, 3.5, and 2. The potty talk only gets worse and the only way, honestly, to cope with it is to simply walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boy hits 3 in two days, and has just started loud belching. And giggling about it. Gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog.
    My 3-year-old daughter does this, too. She cracks herself up. And, more often than not, it all degenerates into references to "poopy." They're so silly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...