Sick Little in the House.

February 13, 2013

{day one of stomach flu}
There's nothing sadder than a sick child.  And being up with sick kids at night and stuck at home during the day is no bueno, but I secretly love the sweetness and snuggles that come with taking care of a baby feeling under the weather.  Everything slows down, and those hugs and kisses you might normally have to steal during playtime, are now happening around the clock.

In the middle of the night last night, when I heard those fateful words, "I'm gonna fro up!!!" I ran into Little E's room and just about tore my shoulder off getting out of bed in such a haste.  She had her hand over her mouth and panic in her eyes.  I held a bowl up for her in one hand and her hair back with the other.  That girl is so sweet, she thanked me for the bowl and then thanked me again as I was cleaning her with a washcloth and putting a new pajama top on her.  I can think of a lot worse things than taking care of her while she fights off this nasty stomach bug.   I sure can.

{day three: she reached around and pulled my hand over her so she could hold it.....MELT}

7 comments:

  1. I hope she is feeling better. And I'm happy you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just the sweetest, Jora! I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what a sweet little bug! I hope she's better. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweet baby. Bobo had a 12 hour puke fest last night... My first experience with little ones and vomit. 3 sets of PJs, 2 sets of sheets. Poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad when our kiddos are sick, and it does feel good to be able to take such good care of them. Hope she's all better :). Happy to see some posts, thank you for coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh she is sweet. i love that she was thanking you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...