A Juju Update.

February 10, 2013

This blog is in desperate need of some attention.  I though a little update on Miss Juju would make sense.  :)

So much is happening with this girl.  Since starting kindergarten this fall, she has really....here comes the biggest cliche ever....blossomed!  Long gone is our shy, quiet doe-eyed watcher.  This girl is social, chatty, flitting around like a little butterfly.  She connects and bonds very quickly with new people in her world.  She regularly falls asleep in her teacher Miss Laura's lap while the other teacher is telling a story.  After school, I see her crawl into the arms of other parents.  I never imagined her doing something like that before this school year.  I like being surprised as a parent and reminded that I don't have my kids figured out.  


She lost her first two teeth in the past week or so.  I am pretty sure this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to her.  The look on her face when she ran up to me with her sparkling eyes "Mama! Mama!!  It fell out!!!" was, well, unforgettable.  I don't ever WANT to forget it anyway.

{we played with this pool and snack bar set the other day and she asked me, "What would you like to drink?'"   I said "Lemonade" and she said, "Sorry, we only have cocktails."}
She continues to be a real tomboy.  She tries to keep up with her brother, although sadly, he sometimes wants nothing to do with her.  It's getting better though.  They play together a lot more.  She asks for her own Lego sets now, and sits side-by-side with him and works on them.  One thing I love about her, and that is totally different from most other kids I know, as soon as she finishes putting together a set, she breaks it apart and starts working on it again.   Even if it took her hours to put together by herself.  She is such not a fussy, particular kid and I just love that about her.
{note the shiner on her forehead... this girl plays hard}
She has wanted to cut her hair for a long time, and I finally gave in.  She wanted it shorter than we ended up getting it (I think) but she's happier now with it just touching her shoulders.  She was very proud stepping down off the chair at the kids' hair place and looking at herself in the mirror.   She was not, however, a fan of the glitter and bow.  :)

She is still her affectionate, touchy-feely self that she has been since she was born.  She crawls into bed with us every night at some point and wraps herself around me.  I will miss that someday.  Yes, I will.

Finally, just a little funny bit from a conversation with her the other night: I was tucking her into bed and she said "Mama, I love you so, so, so much.  Like crazy.  Like more than anything in the entire world."  "That's sweet, baby girl, I love you soooooo much too."  "But mama?  I love lots of other people too.  You know, like even robbers.  They are just people, mama."  

I call her my Wild Pony, which she sometimes likes, sometimes doesn't.  But I think it suits her perfectly.

9 comments:

  1. so glad you are back. i like your blog! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juju! She has been so sassy & fun & involved lately! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juju! She has been so sassy & fun & involved lately! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love reading your blog, glad you updated it! You have such adorable kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girlies are so sweet -- even in the tom-boy streak :)

    p.s. the cocktail comment made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have missed reading your blog, so I'm so glad to read this update. Your Juju is adorable and from the sounds of it, very comfortable in her own skin. Looking forward to reading more about what is happening in your world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...