Hello! And a Little Elvis Costello!

April 20, 2012

Sorry for the absence....I really hadn't meant to be gone so long!  I am still flying a little high from a fabulous weekend in San Francisco with B (more on that later, I promise!).  For now, I can just say it was restorative and filled with memories I know I will always want to revisit.  Can't wait to show you some photos.

We ended the weekend with a concert here at home.  We saw Elvis Costello on the bay on a near-perfect San Diego night.  Sparkling starry sky, warm enough to sit outside, and it's true we may have indulged a little in some pre-concert mai tais (which made the show just that much better).  I do love me some Declan Patrick MacManus, don't you?  The first thing he said to the audience was "Tonight, you're going to hear a lot of songs about love, love, love.....and sex......and death.......and LOOOVVVVVVVE."  I think I love him.  (Also, can I just say it's so awesome to go to a concert when the artist isn't promoting a new album and just plays all the favorites?  Seriously, every single one I wanted to hear.)

I love this acoustic version of Alison.  Have a great weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. i forgot to tell you that one of my favorite music experiences was dancing around while Elvis Costello sang. he preformed at our fairgrounds up in calaveras and it was incredible. it was the perfect summer night and the hills were glowing behind him. it seemed like there were barely any people there. i couldn't stop thinking "i can't believe Elvis is in Angels Camp." i love that kind of intimate music experience. it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys made it to the show! And I can't wait to hear all about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I had a similar experience when I saw him play up here in San Luis Obispo a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a weekend!

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the best songs ever; in college, I loved it so much that I wished my name was Allison.
    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like such a fun concert! I love elvis costello. *And* we spent last weekend in San Francisco too (sans kids)! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog! Beautiful family :)

    XO

    Jacy
    www.mynameisjacy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...I have to say I'm jealous about the concert. I LOVE Elvis. I bought tickets a few years ago to see him as the opening act for The Police at the Cricket Ampitheatre, but due to heavy traffic on the drive south, we missed him and only caught the last song before The Police came on. I'm STILL not over it! Glad you had fun though - sounds like a great night! Were they Bali Hai mai tais? Those are THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a great concert on the brink of summer!!! Can't wait to hear about SF trip, btw. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. so happy for you... hubby time is so great!! how did it go leaving?? I know you were so nervous... did you go just for the day?? and the concert sounds amazing. I totally agree it is so nice to have a concert where you LOVE. EVERY. SINGLE. SONG. plus it helps that EC is totally sexy {in a he is so fing talented kind of way ;)}. ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. The concert is wonderful!I love the song!It's totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...