Things They Made At School.

January 10, 2011

I always meant to stay with this series.....  The kids bring back such fun and unique things that they make in class.  Here are a couple of items (there were more!) C-Man brought home at the beginning of winter break.
C-Man calls these his "knitted jingle bells."  When I asked him how he made them, he gave me a "Mom!  First you knit, then you DOUBLE KNIT.  Then you sew the bells on."  As in DUH.  The kids are still having fun wearing them on their wrists and jingling away.
He also decorated a candle with colored bits of beeswax.  See the little man?  There's a lot of detail that I didn't capture in the photo which is sort of new for him.....when he turned 5 his little hands got so much more precise and dexterous.  He's growing up sniff sniff!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, this is a good reminder for me that I need to take pictures of the creations my kiddo has brought home. Not ALL of them do I have to keep, but so fart my heart hasn't been able to bear to part with anything his hands have touched. Which is probably sick. So I will have to set up a time to have him edit with me, and to snap away. That way I can reclaim some floor space in my pantry, currently filled with bags of his works.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry--didn't mean to fart above. :) Also, forgot to say that those jingle bells are pretty darn cute.

    jbhat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the fact that your little man knits. Ah, melts my heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa! that is so cute!!!! adorable!!! sweet...!!!
    i so love children...♥

    haze♥
    http://lifeendslovedoesnt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the explanation with the implied "duh." Cracks me up. What a talented little man.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...